The State Armory is located on the corner of Bank and Durfee streets in Fall River Mass. In 1895, the city authorized $150,000 for the erection of an armory. The imposing granite building completed in 1897, had space for six companies and a drill hall measuring 150 feet by 75 feet. Now owned by the city, the building is used for community development recreation programs. Various veterans and the civil defense also have offices and hold functions there.
Back to "Castles of the United States"
Photo courtesy of Phil Bilzor.