EMERY HOUSE CASTLE
There is a castle in Williamsport called the Emery House, built in
1889 for Richard Emery. The architect was Eber Culver of Williamsport,
formerly of Ithaca, NY. Culver designed many local homes and public
buildings in a variety of styles. The Emery residence was designed in a
modified Romanesque syle. Notable features include a pagoda style
fireplace in the entry, and a crenellated room off the far side of the
house (not visible in the photo).
Back to Home Page
Picture and information courtesy of Phil Bilzor.